Tuesday 17 July 2012

Slimming World: 24 hours in

A full day into Slimming World and I must confess that the day has been a steep learning curve. For starters, I went into the day spouting that I knew the plan. Guess what, I didn't really! I guess I added a few new rules (and about a dozen or so syns per day) since my last experience with Slimming World

Let's break it down...

One lump or two?

For many years I've chosen sweetener over sugar, but complacency in recent months has seen sugar become my additive of choice to teas. I'd not really thought about it much... until I got into work and had a sugary tea waiting for me on my desk. It's nice to have a hot drink waiting for you - but is certainly not worth the 2 syns it cost me. I'd have much preferred munching a Cadbury's Fudge bar!!

Got a semi? 

My milk of choice for several years has been skimmed... but I've been buying in semi-skimmed milk in recent weeks. Worst part of it is... it wasn't so much for taste as it was for ease. My son's been on milk overload, making 6 pt jugs the better choice. However, they only sell skim at 2 or 4 pints. The pennies that I might have saved have certainly added up to pounds... just not the financial kind!

Cheese whiz!

Cheese has re-entered my life with a real passion... and not the low fat kind either!  It took some real control at dinner time, but it's all part of the retraining.


No comments:

Post a Comment